Performance – vision, comfort and health
Proclear® 1 day multifocal lenses offer your presbyopic patients everything they’re looking for in a multifocal lens.
- Excellent vision at all distances – near, far and in-between
- A healthy modality and comfortable material for patients with age-related dryness
Proclear is the only lens material cleared by the US FDA for the claim:
“May provide improved comfort for those who experience dryness or mild discomfort during lens wear”.
Starts with a proven design. Results in high performance.
Proclear 1 day multifocal is designed to deliver excellent vision at all distances:
- Centre-near aspheric design
- Single power profile
- Preserves distance vision and limits visual compromise
- Near boost in the non-dominant eye
- Optimises near vision and maintains binocularity
- A more natural vision experience overall
Maintains binocularity to overcome the challenges of monovision.
- Treats both eyes separately while maintaining binocularity
- Utilises different powers in each eye to improve near vision while minimising distance vision compromise
- Sends separate uncompromised signals to each eye to allow the brain to produce a purer image
- A significant improvement over monovision
- Maintains binocularity throughout the ADD range to provide better visual performance than monovision
- Improves stereopsis, intermediate vision, and night vision
- True multifocal lens design
How does Proclear 1 day multifocal perform against its competitors?
- Proclear 1 day multifocal lenses scored equivalent for near vision and equivalent or better for intermediate and distance vision*
- Better high contrast distance visual acuity
- Better low contrast intermediate visual acuity
- Equivalent high and low contrast near visual acuity
*Compared to a market-leading multifocal lens, after 1 hour of wear, for patients with ADD powers of +1.25 to +2.50.
More patients preferred the vision performance.
Patients with ADDs of +2.00 to +2.50 (after one hour of wear; % of subjects)
The only contact lens FDA-cleared for comfort for dry eye symptoms
As you know, dry eye symptoms are likely to be more prevalent in your presbyopic patients and a challenge for contact lens wear amongst presbyopes.
Proclear is the only lens material cleared by the Food and Drug Administration for the claim: “May provide improved comfort for those who experience dryness or mild discomfort during lens wear.”
Comfortable for presbyopic eyes. Healthy for the tear film.
Proclear 1 day multifocal lenses are ideal for presbyopic patients who are likely to experience age-related dryness. With PC Technology™ in every Proclear lens, your patients can enjoy a comfortable lens-wearing experience–whether the lens is worn all day or part of the day.
Beneficial for age-related dryness
- Lens naturally binds tightly with water due to hydrophilic nature
- Lenses stay hydrated
- Eyes stay moist and comfortable
Biocompatible with the eye
- PC (phosphorylcholine) imitates substances that naturally comprise cell membranes, including cells of the human eye
- Maintains the integrity of the tear film
- More resistant to bacterial adhesion and colonisation